From March through May, Ozark Mountain Spring’s full calendar will feature the thrill of NAIA college basketball and one of the nation’s largest air shows; collector car auctions and culinary demonstrations; FLW bass tournaments, as well as the international folk music and cuisines of World-Fest at Silver Dollar City and historic downtown’s Plumb Nellie Days, to name just a few.
New in 2009, The Great American Pie Show, featuring NBC’s Al Roker from the “TODAY” show as a celebrity judge, will be held April 24-25 at the Branson Convention Center. Culinary events are popular nationwide and Taste of Home magazine’s cooking demonstrations will be a part of the festivities that weekend. For more information, visit tasteofhome.com/cooking-schools.
Special events are planned each week during Ozark Mountain Spring, including Legends in Concert and Elvis Presley Enterprises 3rd annual “Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest,” the Branson Tri-Lakes Building and Home Show, Kewpiesta at Rose O’Neill’s beloved Bonniebrook and Silver Dollar City’s Bluegrass & BBQ Festival.
Branson Airport, the first privately operated commercial service airport in the United States, will host one of the nation’s largest air shows during its grand opening celebration May 8-10.
• The Baldknobbers Jamboree will celebrate its 50-year anniversary of music and comedy in 2009.
• The Welk Resort Theatre has added Lee Greenwood and the Bellamy Brothers to its fall line-up.
• The Haygoods, Tony Roi, plus Red, Hot & Blue, have moved to the New Americana Theatre. The Haygoods have added a fourth show in 2009 — “Cassandré, The Voice of An Angel,” with a full production show of pop, Broadway and classical songs backed by a 10-piece orchestra.
• RedHead Express has a new show at the Circle B Chuckwagon. The band has just come off a winter tour of the South and the Appalachian Mountains, bringing with them a new producer, new CD and sound.
• #1 Hits of the 60’s Show has moved to the Caravelle Theatre.
• Mary Duff will co-star with Daniel O’Donnell and then perform in her own show for limited dates in May.
Information courtesy of Branson Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce