Are you ready to see an incredible line-up of international performers, enjoy delicious cuisine from around the world and enjoy some of the best thrill rides in the Midwest? Then, head to Silver Dollar City in Branson for World-Fest. This annual festival welcomes visitors April 12 through May 6, 2012.
Traditional favorites and all-new performers create the line-up of entertainers, all of which showcase the beauty of cultures found both near and far away. This year’s festival has an all-new Italian flair.
The line-up of international performers includes:
- La Bella Musica: Located in Red Gold Hall, La Bella Musica showcases classically trained operatic tenor, Aaron Caruso, soprano Melanie Goerlitz and World Accordion Champion Cory Pesaturo.
- Viva Italia: Italian flag throwers, living vines and statues, stilt walkers and a colorful costume parade bring the Red Gold Courtyard to life.
- The Mariachi Divas: The Grammy award winning, all-female ensemble features members from across Mexico, Cuba, Samoa, Argentina, Columbia, Honduras and others.
- Traditional Hawaiian Country Music Show: This show stars four-time Grammy winner George Kahumoku
- Peruvian Yawar Chicchi Scissor Dancers
- Kenyan Sarakasi Acrobats
- Russian Academic Band
- Dearbhail Finnegan
- Ecuador Manta
- Slovenion Polka Party
Be sure to bring your appetite to the Tastes of the World, located in the Frisco Barn, where you can sample everything from Italian classics to sizzling south of the border selections to Orient-style dishes.
Some of the countries highlighted at Tastes of the World include:
Guests to Silver Dollar City’s World-Fest can also take a class at the Culinary & Craft School where you can learn international recipes to recreate some of the delicious items at the Tastes of the World.