As a native of Branson, I’m always looking for ways to share my hometown with visitors. Most people know about Branson entertainment – the town is famous for it! However, there are plenty of things to do in Branson that are absolutely free (and fun)! Be sure to experience these five free things to do in Branson on your next vacation. Combine them with discount tickets to shows and attractions for an affordable Branson vacation.
1) Branson Landing Fountain Show: The Branson Landing is the area’s premier waterfront shopping, dining and entertainment complex. It may cost to shop or dine at the stores and restaurants, but you can stop by to watch the $7.5 million light, water and fire fountain show for absolutely no cost to you. Located in Town Square, the show is performed at the top of every hour. Note: The show is even better at night!
2) Table Rock Lake: There are a variety of free things to do at Table Rock Lake. Explore Table Rock Lake Dam, a modern engineering marvel. Walk (or run) the 2.2 mile Table Rock Lakeshore Trail for beautiful views of the lakeside or stop by Table Rock Lake State Park for a picnic on the shoreline.
3) Dewey Short Visitor Center: While you’re at Table Rock Lake make time to tour the Dewey Short Visitor Center, which has been called “The Crown Jewel of Table Rock Lake.” The new, $7.9 million, 15,000 square foot building offers an unforgettable view of two of Branson’s lakes – Table Rock and Lake Taneycomo. Interactive attractions, displays on the history of the Ozarks, Branson’s natural side and other elements are explored. You can also start a tour of Table Rock Dam at this facility, although there is a small fee for that tour.
4) Take the Trolley: The Discovery Trolley is one of the best ways to explore downtown Branson. Get an overview of the historic area and get a glimpse of old-time Main Street, preserved building facades, and Victorian lampposts. It’s also an easy way to travel to the Branson Landing and Branson Convention Center.
5) Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery: Do you like to fish? If so, stop by the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery to see one of the premier fish hatcheries in the nation. The complex is located at the foot of Table Rock Dam, and offers guided tours of the hatchery weekdays at 10am, 11am, 1pm and 2pn. You can see thousands of trout in various stages of development while taking in the race ways, trout runs and aquarium.
|Looking for more free things to do in Branson?|
|Read More »|
|Ashley is Reserve Direct’s travel expert, visiting Branson to find the best travel tips, money-saving deals and insider information. With over 10 years of experience in first-hand travel adventures, she shares her stories, advice, and current events to help you stay in the know. Before you pack your bags, get the latest scoop on Branson vacations from Ashley.|