From March through May, Ozark Mountain Spring’s full calendar will feature the thrill of NAIA college basketball and one of the nation’s largest air shows; collector car auctions and culinary demonstrations; FLW bass tournaments, as well as the international folk music and cuisines of World-Fest at Silver Dollar City and historic downtown’s Plumb Nellie Days, to name just a few.
New in 2009, The Great American Pie Show, featuring NBC’s Al Roker from the “TODAY” show as a celebrity judge, will be held April 24-25 at the Branson Convention Center. Culinary events are popular nationwide and Taste of Home magazine’s cooking demonstrations will be a part of the festivities that weekend. For more information, visit tasteofhome.com/cooking-schools.
Special events are planned each week during Ozark Mountain Spring, including Legends in Concert and Elvis Presley Enterprises 3rd annual “Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest,” the Branson Tri-Lakes Building and Home Show, Kewpiesta at Rose O’Neill’s beloved Bonniebrook and Silver Dollar City’s Bluegrass & BBQ Festival.
Branson Airport, the first privately operated commercial service airport in the United States, will host one of the nation’s largest air shows during its grand opening celebration May 8-10.
• The Baldknobbers Jamboree will celebrate its 50-year anniversary of music and comedy in 2009.
• The Welk Resort Theatre has added Lee Greenwood and the Bellamy Brothers to its fall line-up.
• The Haygoods, Tony Roi, plus Red, Hot & Blue, have moved to the New Americana Theatre. The Haygoods have added a fourth show in 2009 — “Cassandré, The Voice of An Angel,” with a full production show of pop, Broadway and classical songs backed by a 10-piece orchestra.
• RedHead Express has a new show at the Circle B Chuckwagon. The band has just come off a winter tour of the South and the Appalachian Mountains, bringing with them a new producer, new CD and sound.
• #1 Hits of the 60’s Show has moved to the Caravelle Theatre.
• Mary Duff will co-star with Daniel O’Donnell and then perform in her own show for limited dates in May.
Information courtesy of Branson Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce
Searching for Silver Dollar City coupons? There's no need to. This exclusive deal is exactly what you're looking for—no coupon…
Ride into the night at the Moonlight Madness event at Silver Dollar City. From July 21 through August 5th, 2018…
Choose from our selection of Branson hotels with restaurant to get the lowest guaranteed prices available and a wide variety…
Join Silver Dollar City for America’s biggest Southern Gospel Picnic. The event showcases hundreds of performers and delicious southern-style feasts.