Come home for the holidays to An Old Time Christmas at Silver Dollar City! In Branson, Missouri, see all your family’s favorites along with new surprises amidst the glow of over 4 million dazzling lights. You’ll create special holiday traditions, celebrate the true meaning of this magical season and take home memories that will last a lifetime!
A NEW Christmas Light Spectacular premieres on Main Street!
Silver Dollar City’s square becomes the setting for the All-NEW Christmas on Main Street, our biggest light show ever! The musical 5-story Special Effects Christmas Tree serves as the grand centerpiece as it twinkles and dances in unison, for the first time ever, with over 450,000 lights adorning the surrounding buildings and trees! That’s over 720,000 lights illuminating the City’s Square!
Hear traditional favorites as well as new musical numbers when you join the tree lighting celebration at 5:30 pm each evening during An Old Time Christmas. The Celebration features piano virtuoso Tracy Heaston, and includes the following moving musical selections:
- Carol of the Bell by David Foster from The Christmas Album
- Interlude by Steven Curtis Chapman from The Music of Christmas
- Joy to the World by the Boston Pops Orchestra from Sleigh Ride
- Medley by Michael W. Smith from Christmastime
- Suite from the Polar Express by Alan Sylvestri from The Polar Express Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Sleigh Ride by the Boston Pops Orchestra from Sleigh Ride
The celebration continues as 2 songs play every 15 minutes throughout the evening. Can’t wait until Christmas? Then turn up your speakers and listen to a sample of the music right now!
A Dickens’ Christmas Carol!
The grandest production show ever performed at Silver Dollar City, this original musical adaptation of the famous classic by Charles Dickens features astounding special effects, stunning Victorian scenery and exquisite period costuming.
The production showcases a talented cast of 14 actors, accompanied by a live band, in an inspiring story of redemption and hope. Presented November 10 – December 30, 2007 at the Opera House Theater.
- The Living Nativity – Transport your family to the little town of Bethlehem where the real reason for this joyous season is revealed in a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.
Holiday Light Parade – Emblazoned in over 80,000 lights, the Gifts Of Christmas Holiday Light Parade glides through the streets of the City as colorful floats highlight the joys of the season (twice each evening – weather permitting).
- Meet world-renowned visiting artisans Ibrahim Giacaman, craftsman of the Wilderness Woods Nativities from Jerusalem, Israel, Nov. 15 – Dec. 8, 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Emanuel Fontanini of the famous Italian Nativity design family from Bagni Di Lucca, Italy, Nov. 23, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Nov. 24, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Kringle’s Krossing – Pay a visit to St. Nicholas, at his home away from home.
- Holiday Shows resound throughout city streets with the sounds of the season!
- Rides & Attractions open during our festival, weather permitting, include The Giant Swing, Flooded Mine, Fire-In-The-Hole, Frisco Sing-Along Steam Train, Geyser Gulch, Grandfather’s Mansion, Homestead Barnyard, Marvel Cave, Thunderation, Tom Sawyer’s Landing, PowderKeg®, WildFire™ and the Grand Exposition!
- The tastes of the season are in abundance throughout the park from traditional feasts to your favorite treats! Children can even have Lunch With Santa (available on select dates, reservations required).