Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater, home of Legends in Concert, has recently added several keepsake’s from the iconic Whitney Houston to their collection on memorabilia on display.
Albums of one of the world’s bestselling music artists have joined the extensive collection in unique memorabilia that celebrates the history of rock ‘n roll. One of the highlights of the addition is a dress Whitney Houston wore during his 1988 “Moment of Truth World Tour.” The Moment of Truth World Tour was the second worldwide tour of the superstar singer.
Summer (Now – Sept. 4)Michael Jackson
The Blues Brothers
Fall (Sept. 6 – Oct. 30)
The Blues Brothers
Winter (Nov. 1 – Dec. 31)
The Blues Brothers
Silver Dollar City welcomes hundreds of visiting craftsmen during National Harvest Festival, scheduled for September 13 through October 27, 2012. Purchase your Silver Dollar City tickets today to enjoy the salute to the American cowboy in Branson, Missouri. All-new shows, craftsmen, western musicians and delicious food make this National Harvest Festival one not too miss.
Highlights of Silver Dollar City’s National Harvest Festival:
- New Western Stunt Show featuring professional stunt men and women
- Over 125 visiting craftsmen from around the country demonstrating their art
- Western star and water color artist Buck Taylor returns
- Best of Missouri Hands juried artists special showcase
- Western Musicians
- Cowboy Poets
- Wild Mustangs
- Trick Horse Stunts, Trick Roping and Bull Whip Demonstrations
- Barn Dance
Silver Dollar City’s Culinary & Craft School will be open during the festival as well.
The Titanic Museum in Branson, Missouri is bringing new holiday magic to the area in the form of the Titanic Fantasy Princess.
Titanic Museum Attraction will bring an enchanted forest to life with help from a mystical Fantasy Princess. The magic begins Thanksgiving weekend and continues every Wednesday through Sunday to December 31.
According to a press release, “Our Fantasy Princess will be here soon to greet little girls and boys and help make their holiday dreams come true,” announces John Joslyn, expedition leader of the first private exploration dive to Titanic and owner of the Titanic Museum Attraction. “She will embody the holiday season’s magic and mystery shared by children of 1912 and today.”
The Titanic Fantasy Princess is this year’s beautiful addition to the annual Titanic Christmas Winter Wonderland, which features thousands of holiday lights, Edwardian-style decorations, costumed merry-makers and a Gift Shoppe brimming with one-of-a-kind selections. Also available is a magical photo op with the princess herself.
Branson is known for its bevy of shows, attractions and lakes but there are also a number of world-class golf courses located in this Southwest Missouri hamlet. The courses appeal to the novice golfer just learning his strokes to pro golfers looking for a challenge. The natural beauty of Branson adds to the appeal of the courses.
Here’s a look at the Top 5 Golf Courses in Branson:
|Murder Rock Golf Club
1) Murder Rock Golf Club: Located a bit south of Branson, this course meanders through hills and valleys of the Ozarks creating one of the most challenging courses you’ll find in the Branson area. Consistently rated as one of the top five courses in Missouri, this par-71 course is elevated by the fact it is surrounded by the pristine, scenic beauty of Branson. Rates are as low as $42 during winter months and are around $72 during the summer season.
|Branson Creek Golf Club
2) Branson Creek Golf Club: Designed by Tom Fazio, this parkland style course features numerous changes in elevation and is considered to be one of the region’s top courses. In fact, Golf Magazine has named it the Top Public Golf Course in Missouri 11 years running. The par-71 course has rates as low as $48 in the winter and $90 in the summer season
|Payne Stewart Golf Club
3) Payne Stewart Golf Club: Golfweek Magazine ranked this course as the No. 1 in Missouri for 2012. The Ault Clark Parkland style course honors Payne Stewart, the famous golfer who hailed from Springfield, MO. It is a very popular course, with each hole at the golf club interwoven with a story of Stewart’s life and golfing experiences throughout his career. The course was designed by Chuck Smith with design consultant and PGA Professional, Bobby Clampett. Fees are around $50 in non-season and around $90 for in-season tee times.
|Ledgestone Golf Club
4) Ledgestone Golf Club: Designed by Tim Clark, this upscale course features first-class service, facilities and conditions. Described by Golf Digest as a “masterpiece of mountain golf architecture,” Ledgestone’s 18-hole championship layout offers the kind of golfing experience where “players don’t want the round to end.” Normal rates are around $90, but if you golf after 3pm you can get a value rate of $50.
|Thousand Hills Golf Resort
5) Thousand Hills Golf Resort: Located in the heart of Branson, Thousand Hills’ public golf course was rated 4-Stars by Golf Digest magazine in 2009 and was voted Best of the Ozarks for Branson Golf Courses by the readers of the Springfield News-Leader for the past two years in a row. The par-64 course can prove a challenge but also features great rates. For instance, Twilight play prices are only $25 and normal rates are $59.
Ready to add more thrills to your day at Branson’s signature theme park? Then, we’ve got good news for you.
The new thrill attraction pushes the classic wooden roller coaster to new heights by applying modern technology that allows the coaster to go upside down, with three inversions and a double-barrel roll. Outlaw Run will feature the world’s steepest drop on a wooden coaster – 162 feet at 81 degrees. It is the only wood roller coaster to twist upside down and, at 68mph, is the second fastest in the world.
The track is more than a half-mile long and takes about a minute-and-a-half to ride.
Outlaw Run is scheduled to open in April 2013 but could be open as early as December.
The theme of Outlaw Run – the Wild West – fits in nicely with Silver Dollar City’s other attractions like Fire in the Hole, the multi-looping Wildfire roller coaster and the PowderKeg launch coaster.
Silver Dollar City is an internationally-awarded 1880s-style theme park treating guests to an experience unlike any other. Nestled amidst the naturally beautiful Ozark Mountains, Silver Dollar City features six world-class festivals, a dozen delightful restaurants, 40 live shows daily and 60 unique shops.
September 1-3: Labor Day Celebration at Chateau on the Lake
Enjoy a fireworks display, Backyard BBQ Buffet, and live entertainment all weekend at Chateau on the Lake
September 2: Labor Day Celebration at Big Cedar Lodge
Festivities begin at 3pm with a picnic on the Swimmin’ Hole Lawn. Activities include games, contests, crafts, pony rides, and food. The Clay Self Band will perform at 7pm and fireworks will end the night, beginning at dusk. All festivities
are open to Big Cedar guests and the general public.
September 8-9: Country Music Weekend at Silver Dollar City
See Pam Tillis and Diamond Rio at the Echo Hollow® Amphitheatre during Country Music Weekend
. Concerts begin at 6pm and are included in park admission.
September 11: 9/11 Memorial and Flag Display
The College of the Ozarks will be holding a brief memorial ceremony and will display nearly 3,000 American flags in honor of those who perished during the September 11 attacks.
September 13-15: Annual Autumn Daze Festival
Browse artwork and crafts and enjoy demonstrations, food and performances during the Autumn Daze Festival
in Downtown Branson. There will be a free live concert and street dance on Friday, 6:30-9:30pm.
September 13 – October 27: National Harvest Festival at Silver Dollar City
Silver Dollar City will welcome hundreds of visiting craftsmen during the National Harvest Festival
. Tons of events will be happening throughout the festival, but here is just a sampling of what to expect: Western stunt show, cowboy poets, wild mustangs, barn dancing, chuckwagons, and Buck Taylor with special guests.
September 15: 2012 Texaco Country Showdown – South Missouri State Finals
America’s largest country music talent search and radio promotion will be happening at Branson Landing
at 5pm. Watch as aspiring country musicians compete for $1000 and the chance to move on to the Regional Competition.
September 28-29: 2nd Annual Artisan’s Market at Branson Landing
From 10-8 check out the Artisan’s Market at Branson Landing where you can browse unique and handmade works from artists and craftsmen.