Silver Dollar City welcomes hundreds of visiting craftsmen during National Harvest Festival
, scheduled for September 10 through October 29, 2011. Purchase your Silver Dollar City tickets
today to enjoy all new shows and artist showcases, as well as Silver Dollar City’s signature attractions in Branson
The 2011 National Harvest Festival features these new elements:
• Timberworks Lumberjack Show
• Chalk Street Artists
• Turning Wood Into Art Showcase
• 50-Ton Sand Sculpture
• Professional Pumpkin Carving
Returning features include:
• Birds of Prey Shows featuring Bald Eagles, Hawks, Owls and More
• Made in Missouri Juried Exhibit and Sale featuring Best of Missouri Hands Artists
• The Big Wheel Lathe
• Chainsaw Carvers
• Papermaking Demonstrations
• Missouri’s Largest Barn Dance
• Hundreds of Demonstrating Craftsmen throughout the park
Headin’ West, the 2009 Best Overall Production winner by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions, returns to the Opera House at Silver Dollar City. The 45-minute production tells the timeless tale of American westward expansion and is highlighted by engaging characters, colorful costumes and an entertaining musical score. The show is free with park admission.
Silver Dollar City’s Culinary & Craft School will be open during the festival as well and Taste of America menu items will be available throughout the park.
The show will continue to call the Starlite Theater home.
Cirque Montage was created by Michael Manzanet, a dancer and gymnast who has performed in Las Vegas renditions of both “Mystere” and “Cirque du Soleil.” He wanted to produce a show that took featured elements from those shows but in a more intimate setting. Cirque Montage is just that, as it includes acrobats, jugglers, strongmen, mimes and dancers.
Acts include a aerial chiffon performer dangling from high above the stage, incredible contortionists transforming their bodies in ways never thought possible, pole climbers supporting themselves horizontally only by their wrists with nothing but twenty feet of air separating them from the floor. This is only the beginning of your journey into the world of Cirque entertainment.
Cirque Montage continues its 2011 run in Branson through August 11.
Branson, Missouri has been named the “Best Small City for a Weekend “ in the July/August issue of AAA Midwest Traveler, containing the results of the “Second AAA Best of the Midwest Poll.” This is the second year in a row Branson has received this honor.
Branson also received recognition in other categories, as Chateau on the Lake was selected as the “Best Large Hotel” and Silver Dollar City was chosen as the “Best Theme Park,” with Table Rock Lake placing second in the “Best Lake Getaway.” Silver Dollar City’s National Harvest Festival also took second place for the “Best Arts and Crafts Festival.”
It’s easy to see why Branson is a is a top choice, as the exciting mix of entertaining Branson Shows and attractions, lakes, shopping and dining create a great vacation atmosphere.
Reserve your Branson vacation today to experience all the area has to offer.
School is out, summer is here and families are ready for vacation. While many families look to the road for their vacation days, this year it is harder than ever to fill the gas tank and travel near or far. Despite high gas prices, Branson, Missouri is still a great choice for a summer vacation. This drive to destination is offering discounts on everything from gas to food to activities in order to cater to value-driven visitors who deserve a vacation! In order to aid our guests in making their dollar stretch even farther this year, here are 10 ways to save on your Branson vacation despite high gas prices.
1) Take advantage of the Gas Buster Discount Card available through the Branson Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce. Between June 1 and Aug. 31, 2011, the Branson/Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce and CVB will give a Gas Buster discount card to anyone who presents a valid drivers’ license and a minimum of $40 in gas receipts incurred within 48 hours of their arrival at the Chamber’s Welcome Center, located at the intersection of U.S. Highway 65 and Missouri Highway 248 in Branson.The Gas Buster Card offers discounts on everything from lodging to shopping to food, so be sure to pick one up. There are several participating sponsors of the Branson Gas Buster Program, and full details regarding the program are available.
2) Cut corners by cutting into Branson Restaurant Coupons. They are a great way to save money on shopping and food, and are easily obtained. Dining Coupons for restaurants such as Golden Corral, Outback Steak & Oyster Bar, Moon River Grill, Shorty Small’s, Landry’s and the Grand Country Buffet offer great discounts. There are plenty of other restaurant coupons for Branson too!
3) Shopping coupons for Branson shops are available, with coupon books offered for both the Tanger Outlet and Factory Merchants Mall. Plus, be sure to visit the Tanger Outlet Mall website for promotional sales and coupons for additional savings.
4) Even more fun can be had at the Branson Landing by acquiring a Passport full of deals. Their Branson Landing Passport savings book can be obtained from these distributors or by printing this Branson Landing voucher and presenting it at the Landing Management Office.
5) Branson Hotels are also accommodating visitors by offering great Branson hotel discounts. There are several wallet-friendly yet quality properties to choose from, including the AmazInn & Suites, Branson Towers, Gazebo Inn, Quality Inn on the Strip and Rosebud Inn. These lodging choices make it easy to still get in on all the fantastic Branson entertainment and activities while also providing a nice place to stay at night.
6) The Direct Deals page on ReserveBranson.com offers discount Branson tickets on a number of Branson Shows and Branson Attractions. A few of the shows with cheap Branson ticket prices include the Hamner Barber Variety Show, Kirby VanBurch, Acrobats of China, Haygoods, and Silver Dollar City.
7) Branson Packages are another one of the great ways to save money in Branson. On ReserveBranson.com there are packages for Branson offering shows such as Sight and Sound’s Noah the Musical, The Presley’s and Dixie Stampede to name a few. Plus, there are great money saving deals on Silver Dollar City Packages, where packages can include all of Silver Dollar Cities properties, including White Water. These packages can save 20% on your total price, so be sure to take advantage of them.
8) There are plenty of Free Things to Do in Branson. Spend the day at Table Rock Lake, hike a scenic trail or go to a free Branson museum. Families can find several activities in Branson that take advantage of Branson’s outdoor appeal, so be sure to check out all the Free Branson activities available.
9) Cheap Gas in Missouri is one of the best reasons to travel to Branson. Missouri has the cheapest gas in the nation right now, and as any traveler knows, that’s a great bonus. Gas in Branson is still under $4 a gallon, with an average price of $3.50. So, pack up your things and gas up your car, because the open road to Branson leads to the cheapest gas anywhere.
10) Go to one of the many Branson shows offering FREE kids admission. Some of the shows with FREE kids tickets include Cirque Montage, Shake Rattle & Roll, Hooray for Hollywood and Shoji Tabuchi.
Silver Dollar City
celebrates America’s Biggest Southern Gospel Picnic
August 25 through September 5, 2011. The event showcases hundreds of performers, delicious southern-style feasts and, of course, all of Silver Dollar City’s thrilling rides, entertaining shows and talented craftsmen.
Purchase your discount Silver Dollar City tickets
or a money-saving Silver Dollar City Package
today to enjoy performances by some of the most famous names in southern gospel music, including Karen Peck & New River, Jeff & Sheri Easter, HisSong, Booth Brothers, Soul’d Out Quartet, The Harper Family, The Hoppers, The Collingsworth Family, The Isaacs and many more.
Echo Hollow Amphitheater hosts Southern Gospel Nights concerts during the event as well, scheduled nightly at 6pm (7pm on September 4 and 5). Performers include Brian Free & Assurance, Gold City, The Bowling Family, The Perrys, Triumphant Quartet and The Hoppers, among many other exciting performers. Seating in Echo Hollow Amphitheatre will begin two hours prior to show time, weather permitting.
It wouldn’t be a picnic without chicken and fixin’s served up picnic-style at Molly’s Mill, located at the City’s Square. You’ll find an old-fashioned feast featuring family favorites like southern-style fried chicken, apple-butter glazed chicken, slow smoked pulled pork, creamy mashed potatoes, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, hot rolls, and many other delicious items. Gather your family and friends, fill a plate with some succulent food and listen to the sounds of Southern Gospel music waft through the air. It’s a great way to end the summer season in Branson
There are a variety of money-saving discounts currently available on Branson Shows. Several Branson shows are offering FREE admission to kids and teenagers, so you can see a show as a family without breaking your budget.
Here is a helpful list of shows with FREE admission:
• Andy Williams & Ann-Margret: Kids 17 and Under Admitted Free
• Cirque Montage: Kids 16 and Under Admitted FREE
• Hooray for Hollywood: Kids 12 and Under Admitted FREE June – August
• Jukebox Journey: Kids 12 and Under Admitted FREE
• Shake Rattle & Roll: Kids 12 and Under Admitted FREE June – August
• Shoji Tabuchi: Kids 18 and Under Admitted FREE June – August
• Showboat Branson Belle: Kids 12 and Under FREE with Paying Adult through August
• The Rat Pack: Kids 12 and Under Admitted FREE
• Texas Tenors: Kids 16 and Under Admitted FREE
• The Twelve Irish Tenors: Kids 12 and Under Admitted FREE June – August
• The World Famous Platters of Branson: Kids 12 and Under Admitted FREE
• Tony Roi – The Elvis Experience: Kids 17 and Under Admitted FREE
Plus, if you are visiting during the Branson Christmas season, there are several Branson Christmas Shows with FREE admission for kids:
• Andy Williams Christmas: Kids 17 and Under Admitted FREE
• Christmas with the Lennon Sisters: Kids 17 and Under Admitted FREE
• A Christmas Snow – Live!: Kids 16 and Under Admitted FREE
• Hughes Brothers Christmas Show: Kids 17 and Under Admitted FREE
Reserve your Branson vacation now to take advantage of these great savings.
Purchase your Noah the Musical tickets
today to see their final performances in Branson, Missouri
. The show, performed at and produced by Sight & Sound Theatres
, ends its run in Branson in October 2011. Miracle of Christmas
will be performed during November and December, with Joseph premiering as the new show at Sight and Sound in the Spring of 2012.
Plan a Branson vacation soon to see Noah The Musical. It is an awe-inspiring production that features a 300-foot wraparound stage, hundreds of live and animatronic animals and a 40-foot-high ark. Noah The Musical brings the Bible to life on stage in an experience you’ll never forget.
The new show – Joseph – will bring to the stage the same quality production people except from Sight & Sound Theatre. It will feature a brand new cast, stage and lineup. With innovative dream sequences, lavish Egyptian staging, colorful characters, live animals and memorable songs, this energy packed show will leave you laughing, crying and uplifted with the life-changing message of forgiveness.
The Shepherd Super Summer Cruise
rides into Branson
August 11-13, 2011. Branson’s premier car event will feature a Show ‘n Shine with over 500 cars at the Shepherd of the Hills Homestead, as well as a Midnight Cruise and best in show awards.
The Show ‘n Shine Event will be held each day of the event, with gates open from 9am to 5pm. There is a $10 admission on Thursday, $13 admission on Friday and $15 admission on Saturday. Child prices and family passes are also available. Food and treat vendors as well as an array of other vendors will be on hand, with the New Premiere Cloggers performing on Saturday. The Best in Show Awards are also being presented Saturday at 4pm.
The Midnight Cruise is the highlight of the event. It is scheduled for Saturday night, August 13, and will being at the corner of The Shepherd of the Hills Expressway and Hwy 76 and continues down to Roark Valley Road. The rally point for all cars participating in the cruise is the Celebration City parking lot. Spectators being reserving their spot along the cruise route early so don’t delay if you plan on seeing some hot rods rev up their engines!
The Cascades Inn, Honeysuckle Inn, AmazInn and Suites, Quality Inn, and Lynina Inn are all great Summer Cruise hotel choices as they are located on Shepherd of the Hills Expressway. Staying at one of these properties ensures you’ll have the perfect viewing space reserved for the Midnight Cruise.
The Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Drama will be performing on August 11 and 12. The Shepherd of the Hills Vigilante ZipRider will also be open all weekend.
An all-new show is debuting at the Yakov Smirnoff Theater
in Branson MO
. Brady Bunch star Barry Williams will perform in a live production titled Brady Brunch
. The show will be a limited engagement performance, scheduled for August 2 – August 14, 2011.
The one-man show will feature a live band and showcase Williams’ versatility as an entertainer. The show will include an intimate portrait of Williams’ life as well as a montage of The Brady Bunch show.
A gourmet brunch is also included in your show ticket purchase.
Update: The Grand Palace is back on the market, as the finalization of this sale fell through.The Grand Palace
in Branson, Missouri
was once an iconic theater that welcomed the likes of Brad Paisley and Leann Rimes. The Palace has been closed for a couple of years now, but recently, it was purchased by Kingdom Wealth Builders, LLC for $5.4 million.
The new owners have grand plans for the facility. They plan to renovate the Palace and have it operational by the end of the year. Plans also include bringing in big name entertainers as well as popular Christian bands.
The theater sits on 13-acres in the heart of Branson on Hwy 76. It features 90,000 square-feet and is a great place to host Branson shows